Contact Your Elected Officials & Responsible Offices
You can help save America’s shrinking wild horse and burro populations by calling, emailing or writing your Congressional Representative and US Senators. Your votes matter. Just 10 calls or messages in one day can make difference. If you email, always ask for a response! And always be polite.
You can also appeal directly to the President and Vice President, as well as the Secretary of Interior (Bureau of Land Management) or Secretary of Agriculture (US Forest Service) directly accountable to the American public for the protection of wild horses and burros
Find your Senators and Representatives: contactingthecongress.org
President Obama: whitehouse.gov 202-456-1111
Vice President Biden: whitehouse.gov 202-456-1111
Secretary of Interior, Sally Jewell: email@example.com 202-208-3100
Director of BLM, Neil Kornze: firstname.lastname@example.org 202-208-3801
Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack: 202 720-2791.
Arizona State & US Reps Links
Points to Make:
- Manage Wild Horses and Burros “on the range,” at much lower costs to American Taxpayer
- Use the fertility vaccine PZP to mortality and reproduction with a goal of attaining zero population growth.
- Protect predators in Herd Management Areas and Herd Areas..
- Reduce livestock grazing on lands managed for wild horses.
- Understand the Real Costs of Livestock Grazing. Read BLM and USFS livestock grazing stats: Examining key data in the debate over wild horses on western public lands
- Restore lost wild horse rangeland
- Enlist volunteers to monitor, document and help administer fertility control to herds on the range.
- Provide adequate shelter for all horses in holding facilities
- Return wild horses in BLM Short Term Holding to repatriated Herd Management Areas and Herd Areas.
- Stop helicopter roundups. Use Bait trapping or darting for application of PZP
- Wild free-roaming horses and burros are living symbols of the historic and pioneer spirit of the West; they contribute to the diversity of life forms within the Nation and enrich the lives of the American people
- Please support the Petition to list North American Wild Horses as an Endangered Species