Press Release from Feb. 28, 2014: BLM Rejects Offer of Wind Protection for Corralled Wyoming Mustangs
Here are some things you can do.
HERE'S YOUR ACTION PLAN: After you share this Press Release far and wide, here are simple steps, so please act with thoughtful words:
1. First thing Monday Morning: Who should you contact? Begin with your Senators and Representatives, then the President--all found in the "Contact Elected Officials" link below. CALL & EMAIL & please use respectful language.
2. Remind them this is an election year. These are common sense, fiscal and humane issues that concern you and thousands of others.
3. Ask them to investigate why BLM rejects an offer of working together with free materials and free labor to solve a problem in Rock Springs, WY.
4. Explain that the BLM removes these horses, taking away their freedom and families. With no place to put them, they are left in short term holding.
5. Winter is NOT over in Rock Springs--40 MPH winds and deep snow can continue for another 2 months.
7. Thank you all for your concern and willingness to do something for these horses.